Thursday, July 28, 2016

books to read

I enjoy looking at blog posts with lists of books to read.  It gives me good ideas for new reading material.  So I decided to make a list of my own.  Here's what's on my reading list in no particular order:



  1. More Charlotte Mason Education: A Homeschooling How To Manual by Catherine Levison - I do plan on reading this one 1st since it's a library book.  = )  It's just what it says: a homeschooling how to manual.  I read her previous book & loved it.  That one was a very quick read & I want to get more in depth.
  2. A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola - another homeschooling read.  You might have guessed but I LOVE the Charlotte Mason way of homeschooling- morning lessons & LOTS of afternoon time outdoors learning in real life.  There's emphasis on good books (not what she calls "twaddle") even at a young age & learning out in nature.
  3. Moms Who Changed The World by Lindsey O'Connor - the stories of 9 mothers including Susanna Wesley, Mary Bell Washington & the mother of Constantine.  I meet with a group of homeschooling moms once a month Sep - June & we go through a book together.  I just started going this past year & this was the book for the previous year.
  4. Hands Free Mama by Rachel Macy Stafford - can't we all learn to put down our phones & be hands free Mamas?
  5. Nourished: A Search for Health, Happiness and a Full Night's Sleep by Becky Johnson & Rachel Randolph - their previous book was soo good & funny & came with awesome recipes!  = )
  6. Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us From the Inside Out by Joanna Weaver - I read another of her books a few years ago & can't wait to read this one!
What are you reading now?

No comments: