Wednesday, June 28, 2017

I'm back...

Eek...I've been a terrible blogger. = (  It's been almost a year since I've posted!  I've been so busy enjoying these 2 cuties...


I would love to get back to my blog.  I've found myself missing it.  So I'll start again and see how it goes. = )  Honestly, I have thought a lot about my last post & the fact that I only read 3 of those books: More Charlotte Mason Education, Hands-Free Mama & Nourished.  All great books!  I tried to read Having A Mary Spirit but I just couldn't get into it. 

I have read others, though, so I haven't been slacking off on my reading too much.  I thought I'd try another book list. I want to set some goals, try to read a few this summer & maybe one a month after that. So here's my new list...


  1. Raising Kingdom Kids by Tony Evans - I'm in a moms group at my church & we recently did a video study on this book.  It was excellent!
  2. Better Late Than Early by Raymond S. Moore & Dorothy N. Moore - a homeschool book that has been recommended by several of my homeschool mom friends. It talks about how kids naturally do better with schooling if you don't push them too early.  That's good news!  I want my girls to be kids & playing outside as much as possible.
  3. The Way They Learn by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias - another homeschooling book that helps you understand how your child learns so you can teach him/her effectively.
  4. The Unhurried Homeschooler by Durenda Wilson - do you see a theme here? Ha!  Another one that has been recommended to me.
  5. A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola - see my last post. = )  I do want to read this one by fall.
  6. The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer - this book that leads you through the stages of homeschooling.
  7. Educating the Wholehearted Child by Clay Clarkson with Sally Clarkson - this book teaches you how to help your children "love to learn as naturally as they love to play".  I just have to share that this book is over $16 on Amazon & I found it at a used book sale for $2!
  8. Moms Who Changed the World by Lindsey O'Conner - still on my list, hopefully this summer...see previous post.  I forgot to take a picture of it though.

I also have a couple on my Kindle that I'm want to read:

  1. Education: Does God Have An Opinion by Israel Wade - I think the title of this one speaks for itself.  = )
  2. Show Them Jesus:  Teaching the Gospel to Kids by Jack Klumpenhower - one of my Jesus-loving homeschooling mom friends posted a link to this on her Facebook page when the Kindle edition was on sale.

Whew!  I kind of feel tired now after rereading all of that, ha!

If anyone stuck around for my year-long hiatus, what are you reading?

No comments: